Thursday, May 10, 2012

Greg Ebersole by newsRus.com @ FIX University Cultural Campus

More FIX on the NET @ FIX University Cultural Campus

Welcome to Spring Semester 2013

Fernando IX University
Locations of visitors to this page
Fernando IX University

The Best College Radio Stations

Tatiana with her birthday cake

Last night, Tatiana and some family members and friends celebrated her birthday at a restaurant near el Parque del Perro. I went late since I didn’t want to eat a big meal late in the evening. I was in time, though, for a piece of cake. Afterwards, six of us piled into a little taxi to go to Jamundí for salsa dancing at Las Brisas. It was my second time there. It’s about 20 to 30 minutes from Cali. We started out with a table of 3 women and 3 guys. After dancing some, about 6 to 9 more guys show up. The odds were bad for much time on the dance floor. I don’t really like the place. I like the music played at Tin Tin Deo better. Also, it’s far from Cali and it’s expensive to take a taxi. Of course, it’s cheaper if there are 6 people to split the fare. It was a strange evening. For me, there were too many foreigners in the group. I prefer to spend my time here with Colombians. I did meet a couple of guys, though, who were nice and we compared notes about being in Colombia.

Been thinking a lot again today about whether I want to return here next October for another year or not. I want to do a little research on places in Mexico, the cost of living, etc. to see if I might want to spend some time there. After over 2 years of living here in Cali, I have mixed feelings about staying here. I’m also getting my resume done in Spanish. I want to set up an interview with the director of photography at the newspaper here. If I can get some part time or freelance work as a photographer or photo editor, then my feelings on staying here would change some. Right now I have too much time to think and my mind wanders a lot to other places. I think of other things I could be doing or other places I could be doing them in.

No comments:

Blog Archive